View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 01:44 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Kiwi, I really appreciate all your help. I'm glad I posted here and you kindly took an interest and the time to reply. Your expertise and friendly offer of advice is gratefully accepted and appreciated. I will post results of my tests here, I should find out about AChR test in a week.
I recently had a hormone panel run. I had elevated SHBG, which my doctor said was unusual for a 50 year old woman not on birth control. FAI was low, as was testosterone. He highlighted this in my referral to the endo, who he assured me is an easy going lady.
I have read about using bio identical natural progesterone cream, but I don't know if I need it. I don't want to go on synthetic HRT, only because I have read it can increase risk of breast cancer. The other question I would like to run by you is your opinion on my thyroid problems. I will discuss these issues with endo, I just wondered if you could add some insight. Under range TSH, High free T4, lowish T3 (a few months ago T3 was under range, TSH under, T4 high). This is while on 75mcg Oroxine. According to a thyroid website, I have a conversion to T3 problem, and need T3 only meds. They also said I may have high reverse T3. My doctor tested free T3 and RT3 together, but he said they came back normal. I need to get that test from him, to keep with my records, but I didn't question the results. I do understand problems with ranges and every individual is different. I don't want to sound pushy, because he has been so helpful. The question I am asking you or anyone else who could offer insight is: I have been told by a thyroid support group basically that all my MG symptoms such as muscle fatigue, droopy eye, slur voice, falling over, swallowing and breathing etc are due to inadequately treated hypothyroidism. Could this be true? Remember I don't have hashimotos or graves. This theory would mean symptoms of 30years. Although it explains the death cold feeling (could also be scleroderma). I found it odd that my thyroid gland was of perfectly normal appearance in a recent ultrasound. I'm wondering if maybe a pituitary disorder? Particularly autoimmune in nature. I believe I have adrenal issues, even though blood tests rule that out. Two years ago I lost so much weight (from 60kg to 49kg) 5foot7, fainting and seizures. Did 24 hour urine collection, revealing high volume of fluid(pee) with high sodium. Another occasion, about 12 years ago I blew up to 80kg, and hospitalized where they slowly drained me over 4 weeks. Never found the cause.
My last question is about my high ANA of 2560. Does this indicate one serious auto immune disease, or could 2 or more also give an elevated ANA?
Sorry so long. We have 27 C here today, I am very lethargic, but breathing good. I went grocery shopping last night, then met friends for coffee. Was really nice to get out.
Thank you again.
KirraJade is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote