View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 11:03 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

bchristine,

Okay continue eating the garlic, etc. However, please refrain from placing it or anything else directly on the surgical site as garlic, essential oils, etc can burn or inflame the tissue, especially since it's already inflamed. Also, this is a deep wound into the jaw bone and the bone is open below the gum line as it is a hole where the tooth was. If the bone is healthy and not infected, it takes up to one year for that hole to fill in completely. The gum tissue will close over long before that. If the bone is not healthy, then the bone will have difficulty filling in. It is best not to put <<anything>> into that wound other than the salt from rinsing. No honey, no coconut oil, no clove or garlic oil, nada. Take those things internally to stimulate your immune system to send healing cells.

Aleve and other non steroidal anti-inflammatory meds can help reduce the inflammation if you choose to take them. But they are not safe to take in large doses for any length of time.

When you call Dr L for an appointment, specify a new patient exam and xrays but also specify that you recently had a tooth extracted and would like him to evaluate that area. He often calls his new patients prior to their appt to talk with them a bit. He's very personable and caring....

Keep me posted
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchristine View Post
Hi Bryanna,

Thank you for the information on how to handle things from here on out with the dentists, getting x-rays, etc. VERY helpful. I will do as you suggested.

I seem to have taken a little turn for the worse ... a bit more swelling, discomfort and (some) pain in that area. My bite hurts too. I just hope I can get an appointment this week, as I'm certain I can't hold out for much longer... I may start taking some Aleve for the pain/inflammation (I have not been doing this), unless you have a better idea.

I cannot get over how much we have in common after your last response! You totally think like I do, and I appreciate your suggestions. I have been eating garlic everyday (I love it); and sometimes I hold a little piece up in that area, just to let the healing juices flow through. I have upped my turmeric intake (I like Organic India brand) considerably, as well as adding it to my cooking more. I've also upped my Vitamin C intake, and just ordered some powder yesterday (NOW Brand). I like the brand you suggested, but it's a little over my budget atm (everything is really). The oregano oil I have is in liquid form and I just ordered more of that yesterday too. It's organic Natural Factors brand. I also ordered some clove oil, as I've heard this is good too. I periodically through the day take a spoonful of coconut oil to help with this "infection". A couple times I held some manuka honey up in that area, but then I thought the sugars in it would not be good ... ?

I can't thank you enough for your help and support ... it's not easy going through something like this alone. Thank you again.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote