View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 12:48 PM
anon122822

anon122822

Quote:
Originally Posted by troublehead View Post
Has anyone taken this for TBI? I tried it once after my Neurologist told me to try it and fell terrible afterwards. My brain was fogged out, I fell tired and couldnt fall asleep. Now I am afraid to take it again.
I took this before I suffered a TBI and ended up having a terrible reaction to it. I began having panic attacks and horrible anxiety where I could barely function. In my opinion any of those nootropics will not offer any benefits that are substantial enough to offset the potential risk that accompanies taking them. They only offer marginal cognitive benefits, and messing with sensitive neurochemical mechanisms of the brain especially when dealing with TBI is certainly not worth it. Before even considering taking any kind drug to help with cognitive ability I would make sure my diet is clean and healthy, my sleep is optimized, I am taking nutrients to support healing(not drugs which make things worse), and am doing anything else that is in your control and can assist in getting better, rather than taking a drug that will at best offer marginal differences in cognitive ability/quality of life.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
troublehead (09-14-2015)