Thread: Negative Energy
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 01:02 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

You may be spending too much time reading too many threads. What posts mentioned permanent deficits ? I have not seen any lately.

I have stated many times. Brain injuries are permanent. But, improvements are attainable for all but a very few. Rehab experience shows that the best recoveries happen when the patient accepts their current state of injury and symptoms and uses that as a foundation to move forward. When we constantly look at things as "I can't do that." versus, "I'll do that activity a different way," we get stuck in negativity. Moving forward despite our struggles allows us to rebuild our lives and reinvent our lives.

I have lived with horrible PCS limitations but can't understand why so many dive for a dark cave every time they encounter a struggle. I've had to leave stores, restaurants, church functions, etc. Over time, I have learned how to moderate these events so I can attend most of them.

Our lives changed when we got injured. But, we still can live a full life.

What have you tried to do to reinvent your life so you can move forward with the struggles you have ?
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (09-12-2015)