Thread: Ron Hutton
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 01:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

This greatly saddens me. But Ron was quite an advocate, leaving us with a lot of hope.

It was via these forums (BrainTalk, then NeuroTalk) that I first met Ron Hutton. He had been diagnosed with Parkinson's a few years longer than I (I was dx in 1994 - Ron was dx in 1991). This is proof that most PD is slow in progression.

Ron volunteered with several of of the same offline group's as I (Grassroots Connection, Pipeline Project, and PLWP). When I was in Germany promoting a trial in which I was enrolled and the potential of this new therapy, my husband and I spent 3 days with Ron and his lovely wife, Margaret. They were an exceptional host and hostess.

Another visitor from NeuroTalk had spent a few days with Ron prior to our visit.
It was our friend, Rick Everette, who lived a little over 100 miles from my home. Rick and I had good intentions of getting together, but you know what they say about good intentions . . .

Ron (aka Dr. Hutton) was brilliant! He held (among other degrees) a PhD in Chemical Engineering (I think - I'm unsure of the degree concentration). He also was a silversmith and served on an IRB at Kings College for a study on mucuna purines (see slides from a PDF Webinar)

http://www.pdf.org/pdf/Complementary..._Brandabur.pdf

You might want to find Ron's posts on his creative theory concerning the blood brain barrier (do a forum search)
Adding the link:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread174588.html

NOTE - I don't believe his obituary has been posted online yet I will try to call his family, but there is a 5-6 hour time difference
Peg

Last edited by pegleg; 09-12-2015 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Added the link on Ron's work on the BBB theory or neuroinflammation
pegleg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aunt Bean (09-17-2015), dilmar (09-12-2015), Nan Cyclist (09-12-2015)