View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 05:35 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchristine View Post
Thanks so much for your compassion Femlex. In times like these, it's comforting to know that someone understands. I am sorry to hear you are in a similar situation. If you'd like to share, I will listen

Have the antibiotics had a negative effect on you? I doubled up on my quality probiotic and I'm trying to eat more fermented things. I think it has been very helpful, as I've only experienced mild side effects (lack of energy/brain fog/mild stomach discomfort).

As I wrote to Bryanna, it really angers me that you pay these dental "professionals" your good, hard-earned money (in my case, my savings) and you get lousy care in return.
Hi BChristine, and OMG, I am so sorry that you are feeling so much worse. I do hope you can go to someone tomorrow morning and be seen as a matter of priority.

Thank you, yes, I've got my "own" thread describing my recent journey and my quest to find out what is wrong and if it can be fixed or is it just "too hard" so they all dismiss me - it is here http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread223635.html ... My experience so far with the dentists has not been the greatest, and I see that repeated in other stories here. They seem to either think that I am a hypochondriac who is imagining all of this (my xrays are "clear", I have no obvious loud pain (so far), I have no obvious bumps in my mouth - therefore I should be fine), or they think my case is too hard and nobody wants to "get their teeth" into my case(s) (plural since I have more than 1 problem).

I can only tolerate one antibiotic - amoxicillin (so far), and I know this from the past as well. I went to see a doctor the other day and she prescribed me metronidazole (Flagyl) because she felt it could help with the anaerobic bacteria, when taken together with my current amoxicillin, but after reading about it, I did not fill it. I don't know if this is OK or not.

I've also been pretty much consistent with the natural things (Himalayan pink salt rinses, probiotic capsules, fermented things (sauerkraut juice (sauerkraut is too tough for me to chew) and Braggs apple vinegar; I gave up on my kefir as at one stage my grains got "sick"), lots of freshly juiced veggies (all colours), loads of garlic, vit C and grape seed extract, extra Ca and a bit of D3 (plus sunshine), etc. I cannot possibly know if any of this is helping for the actual (what I think is) infection, but at least they should not be making me any sicker unless I consistently overdose.
Femlex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote