View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 10:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

it took several dr visits until i found a neurologist who confirmed that i had fibromyalgia on top of reflex sypathetic dystrophy. rsd causes contant pain out of to the body lhat feel like burning and electrical and stabbing and cramping pain. it hurt when someone touched my skin because it felt like it was burning up. the pain i felt with rsd was widespread. it started in my initial injured site which was my wrist and had and then spread to my llmbs, stomach and face. it was mostly a stinging and burning pain.
but then after a few years of that i started getting widespread pain that felt a deep aching throbbing pain deep into my bones and muscles and it never stopped either. it hurt when anyone touched my skin with that too. after seeing a few drs, my neurlogist confirmed that i had fibromyagia on top of rsd. my pm dr told me people iwht rsd get fibro shortly after and they don't know why.
rsd and fibromyalgia are not the same. rsd has physcial symptoms as well as widespred pain where fibromyalgia had widespread pain but not visible symptom. they both hurt like heck though.
i was told that lyrica can help fibro but gabapentin could too and since i already took gababpentin i stayed on that and had it increased by my pm dr. that seems to help manage both rsd and fibro.
i tried cymbata a while back and it didn't help me at all. i'm not a dr but you may want to ask you dr about trying gabpentin or lyrica for your fibro. they have some side effects for a few weeks but then they fade.
i thought i was losing my mind too for a while until i found a dr who knew i wasn't and that my fibro was as real as my rsd. you are not losing your mind. you just need to find a good dr (neuroligst or pm dr) who can diagnose your fibro.
i was also tested several time sfor RA since it runs in my family but it came up negative thank goodness.
i hope you can find a dr soon who can help you manage your pain. i know it's hard but don't give up hope that you will find a dr who can help. they are out there. in the meantime tyr to rest as much as you can. soft hugs coming your way.
p.s. you may also want to get your vitamin D level checked. that can cause widespread pain too. it hurt if any pressure was applied to my bones like getting an ultrasound. if your levels are low they can prescribe vit d pills like i take to increase your vit d levels so that your pain subside a bit.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bddouglas (09-15-2015)