View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 11:20 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icelander View Post
Depends on the individual and their neuropathy. Many have it and it progresses little over many years. That's not usually the folk here and in my research you are correct. Us with severe neuropathy don't often get better. I'm about where you are. I'm pretty certain that I'll be in the extreme pain group soon. I have no desire to live like that. That's just the way it goes.

I look at things this way. I'm mortal and I shall die from something no matter what. So by choosing the time of my own death I'm really not doing much to alter where I'm going anyway, just the timing. And I'd not do it at all if I wasn't in a body being tortured physically. I see no reason to consider that a life.

Sometimes the thought of one choosing their own time; when it is not; can change what you might have been able to do or be there for someone in need.

Yes, I have had days when fleeting thoughts of being tired of all of this enter my mind; but then something that I may have said or done that has really made someone's day; especially friends and family make me feel good about myself and know I am here for a purpose.

Also, I would be selfish should I be the cause of anyone possibly feeling guilt that there could have been something they said or did to cause such a choice.

Quality of life is different for all of us. Often our thoughts can pull us down or bring us "up".

Sending positive thoughts.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (09-13-2015), barbo (09-13-2015), Enna70 (09-14-2015), eva5667faliure (09-13-2015), Mark56 (09-13-2015), Wren (09-13-2015)