View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 11:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioBased View Post
RSD,

I am so sorry that you have more pain. I hope you are better today.

On these lovely days it is easy to do too much and then suffer later. My RSD pain is not much worse from all my activity, but I have new muscle pains and twitches from it. I could barely drag myself into the bathroom this AM.

At my last PT appointment she told me to ice my knee. She really does not believe that ice is verboten for RSD. She thinks I just don't like ice. Everyday is challenging with RSD. Now we have to face changing weather, but it is comforting that we are facing it together.
Ice is never recommended in any literature published concerning RSD. In fact it is highly warned against using. I was treated for 8 months with ice packs daily, even strapped to my ankle & calf. I know that is one of the reasons for the severity of my pain! It damages the capillaries and creates even more havoc than already exists. They iced me in PT & my Dr told me to ice to relieve the pain. He didn't believe me in the beginning that it was 24/7 or as severe as it was. He thought I was faking to get WC benefits.

Lukewarm Epsom soaks are great though, and highly recommended by little ole me.

I also use Voltaren gel & the lidocaine patches.

May your sleep bring some relief.

gramE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (09-13-2015), Littlepaw (09-13-2015), RSD ME (09-13-2015)