View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 09:36 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default my 35yr attempts with Agencies

I think the answer you are looking for is, In looking for an Advocate to help me navigate the system. Due to my Aging Disabilities, my Physiological System does not cope with navigating the BIA and Independent Living type Agencies. Been trying for 35 years.... the despair is too much for me

In all of these groups represented here. I just am wondering if anyone has ever known of Advocates as I am describing. What if I was quadrapalegic ? Wouldnt I have an Advocate or an Agent to manage my needs ? What is different ? What is this called and why is my situation any different ?

I do not need a Personal Care Attendant, or a Rest Home. I am just looking for a consultant to help me find which programs are available that apply to my needs. Occasionally I have falls and cant manage things for month or more. I cant make it for Food. I need a Caregiver maybe couple times a year, like winter. I know they are out there but have No Clue where to find one... No one will answer me, I dont need that kind of treatment.

of course in 35 years I have visitied with all kinds of these Agencies, dont be silly... I have directories of such Agencies that refuse to help. Most never answer phone, messages, mail or email

So, what I am asking to the SS Disability Board, if anyone has ever seen or know of this Advocate approach ? 60yo sometimes immobilized and cant get to Food, Laundry or Water. There is helpers available, but where ?

I am not staring at the TV with my mouth hanging open on 10 different MEDS....... I am quite sober, almost homeless with winter approaching and losing everything I have, just teetering.... with limited mobility. My Food Card has just been cut off without any explanation, triggering a Sequelea avalanche as I get flushed on to the streets with the zombies.....

I believe this is a very significant SS Disability Issue . This system is not meeting my needs, and people need to know.

I am technically being abused and assaulted by the very system that is supposed to be offering Aid. I am not able to navigate this system which is starting to look like discrimination to me. My Disability is not being treated or aknowledged.

When I go to the Agencies, they want me to take an Evaluation. This Form goes in a basket to the Philanthropists for the next Grant. This is all they have to do to look busy enough to justify another Grant.... I know handfuls of people who have been thru the same thing !
Omicron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote