View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 09:48 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Femlex,

I'm glad you are not going to take the Flagyl. It was one of the worst experiences I have ever gone through, and I certainly would not want to see you suffer any more than you already have!

I read the thread you linked regarding your dental situation. You have been through so much! I hope you too find relief from your issues soon - hopefully this week. I continue to read about all the problems of those who have had root-canaled teeth, yet this procedure is done so often with patients who do not fully understand the consequences. At least I am fortunate in that respect - I have never had the procedure done.

Like you, I have lost most all confidence in dental professionals. Finding out that my regular dentist of 20+ years has not been taking care of my oral health properly, and "dismissing" (this word you use describes it perfectly) my concerns and complaints over the years is mostly (if not all) to blame for the predicament I am in.

Over the past couple months I have seen about 9 different dental professionals (one bio-dentist). A couple have been quite kind in taking the time to speak with me about my situation, but with the exception of the bio-dentist, they were all conventional in suggesting root-canals, etc. Bryanna has given me the name of a bio-dentist about an hour away who I am going to try and see this week - I just hope I can get an appointment because I know I cannot hold out much longer. Thank you for your suggestion about seeing the oral surgeon. I have had two unfavorable follow-up appointments with the OS who extracted my tooth, and I will not see him again. He charged me $215 for the one follow-up appointment, and according to Bryanna, he did not even perform the debridement after the extraction, which is very important. It's so frustrating to put your trust in someone hoping they will do the right thing; then you are either taken advantage of, or treated with haste and improperly.

Please keep me posted on your situation this week, and I will do the same. It makes these situations easier to get through when you have some support and understanding
bchristine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Femlex (09-14-2015)