View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 09:51 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglogirl View Post
Dogwalker,
Were you on inderal for 20 years? Yes I definitely had an echo and halter by a renowned cardiologist even saw Dr Healy one of the top at the Cleveland Clinic if my memory serves me right she was involved in politics later. She has since passed away.

My cousin also had mitral valve prolapse and was told it was gone... Different doctor. The point is it can resolve itself. Yours prob resolved itself too. This girl that told me it never goes away who is the dental surgeons assistant did not know.

I also had to take antibiotics fir any dental work now they don't give them.

Uglogirl
I have had a heart murmur and mitral valve prolapse for many years. It is very common and I don't believe a big deal. The only way I know to tell if it's gone is by getting an ultra sound of your heart. The reason I am sure mine has not gone away is because I also have a leak in my tricuspid valve. I am monitored for this every year with an ultra sound so they also look at the rest of my heart and see the mitral valve prolapse. Some years back they changed the protocol for having to pre-medicate before dental work with antibiotics. Now in my understanding, people with mitral valve prolapse do not need to medicate. Hope this helps.
pinkynose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote