View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 10:28 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Heart

Good Morning Debi,

That text from your DIL was so sweet. She sounds like a good friend to you regardless of her and your son's differences. It's hard to take a neutral stance when you love them both. I hope things will go smoothly for them and for you.

It sounds like you got to deal with some kind folks on all your different visits. You know, in hindsight, I think you will realize that all of it helps with your acceptance of Bubba's passing. I didn't realize a lot of things until time had passed and I thought back to some of it.

I had a similar experience at the bank we had accounts at. The folks who worked at the branch he always used were so shocked the day I showed up with the terrible news. They were very nice and offered such sweet words of comfort.

When my hubby passed away we didn't use the Internet for banking. I'm not sure if it was even available back then but he liked to write checks and mail them the old fashioned way so that's what we did. He also liked getting a paper paycheck and physically depositing it at the bank. Well, things have sure changed since then because everything I do is electronic from getting checks deposited to paying my bills. 99% of it is due to the fact I don't drive anymore and the other 1% is convenience. I have to admit I think I'd be doing it this way regardless of my health! I can even deposit paper checks via an App and never have to leave the house.

I'm glad your Mom is feeling better. I can relate to how she feels. I don't like strange people in my house either.....even if they're there to help me! My Mom was the same way. She'd clean the house before the housekeeper came. Didn't want anyone to think we ever had dirt in our house!!

I agree with you about having someone you trust on your accounts. My boys are both on my bank accounts and savings accounts. I haven't needed their help...yet...but if that day ever comes it will be so much easier on all of us not to have to deal with financial issues. If I need to at some point my DIL might also be put on one of them but that will have to be OK'ed by the attorney. What on earth did folks do years and years ago when we didn't have all these rules and attorney's to take care of them and advise us?

Ahh, we learn lots of things about ourselves during difficult times like this. We also learn how much family means to us. I do hope you're having more good days than hard days. I can attest to the fact that time will be your friend.....maybe not right now but it will.

Kitty
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (09-13-2015), DejaVu (09-21-2015), ger715 (09-13-2015), Lara (09-14-2015), RSD ME (09-17-2015), St George 2013 (09-14-2015)