View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 10:32 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

bchristine,

Okay, I agree that you need to be soon asap. Dr L sometimes goes on vacation early September. Have you called their office? The answering machine would say if they are away or not. If you cannot get in to see him this week, then please consider seeing an oral surgeon to evaluate that area. I know you do not want to go back to the one who extracted the tooth, so get in to see someone else. Email me the name of the os you saw and some names of some others near you. I will look up their websites and see if I can recommend one to you.

You can apply warm moist heat to that side of your face, 20 minutes on then off. You can do that 4 times a day as that will get the blood flowing in that area and may alleviate some of that hard swelling. Also, make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day. You want to stay hydrated and keep flushing out the toxins.

Please don't panic. Stay positive and focus on being present in the moment, find your calm ... you know how to do this with yoga and meditation. Now more than ever, you need to rely on what your body can do for you.

Email me those names of oral surgeons... I will take a look.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchristine View Post
Bryanna,

Thank you, I will take the advice you suggested which makes a lot of sense.

As today has progressed, I am experiencing more swelling - my cheek is hard and I'm feeling the bulging/extreme soreness of my gum in the area of Tooth#3 and at the very back gum of Tooth #1 (which is gone). I read on other posts to apply warm, moist compresses which I started a few hours ago. I also took (2) Aleve for the 1st time . I am hoping this helps. I'm not experiencing any real "pain", but the state of everything is very concerning to me. I'm still on the antibiotics.

I am starting to panic b/c I checked the Drs. website you recommended in KOP, and it shows there are no appointments available until 9/21. I absolutely KNOW I cannot last that long .... Can you give me any suggestions.

Thank you in advance.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote