View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 05:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

That the staff regards gifts/food/ parties, flowers as bribes, and evaluate the giver negatively.I find this remark ridiculous. I think it would depend on the giver, at any rate. We have a wonderful person, she is always bubbly, happy go lucky and she brings in cookies for the staff in gratitude for our kindness. I do feel it is not necessary, a thank you is all I need. Some of the staff grows to expect treats and I feel that is wrong too. When a person makes an appointment, they will say, "Mrs......... is coming in next week and she always brings goodies." Maybe I would feel differently if the goodies were ever anything I could have, yet I doubt it. Being courtious to the person helping you out is all I ask. Just as when I go to another doc office, I treat them as I want to be treated.

I found a credit card in the parking lot one day and did my best to find the person's phone#. When she came in to get the card, she brought me a small plant and that was really nice, but certainly not necessary. It's sad in this world that people feel it's a bribe, some kind of trick when another is kind.

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

Last edited by darlindeb25; 06-26-2007 at 06:35 PM.
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote