View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 02:33 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madisongrrl View Post
Food is a very personal thing so you need to decide how strict you want to get.

Pretty much every doctor that practices functional medicine and works with neurological and autoimmune patents will take gluten and dairy out of your diet as a minimum; 80% of your immune system is in your gut.

I think if you are going to give it a shot, be strict for 3 to 6 months. Keep a symptom and food journal while you do it and see if you get any stabilization or improvements with your symptoms. If it's not working for you, then put foods back in your diet that make you happy. There is something to be said about that too.

Another good book to check out is the Wahls Protocol:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Wahls-Prot.../dp/1583335544

All these books are really small variations on the same concept.
Thank you for the detailed info. I have that book too! :-) I struggled massively consuming that much green plant food! I think the concept is good.
I am gluten, starch, dairy, nightshade and soya free. I just can't cut out eggs, nuts, dark vegan chocolate and natural honey, need it for all my baking.
Madison girl, have you felt any improvement?

Canagirl, I understood from the article that some people may be susceptible to those foods but I'd agree with madisongirl that dairy and gluten are supposed to be top on the list of food to remove if autoimmunity is at fault. I'm not 100% sold on all this by the way but worth a try.
JoannaP79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
canagirl (09-15-2015)