View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 04:08 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

caroline2,

The topical fluoride used on kids in the dental office is given at the cleaning appts. So the most she would have had it would be twice a year if that. I still don't condone that.

Unless, she was using the fluoride in trays at home? Some dentists recommend them when a child has poor oral hygiene or braces. Using that amount of fluoride daily in the trays will cause fluorosis.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline2 View Post
Bryanna, maybe my daughter and grandgirl didn't tell me the whole story on just how many fluoride baths the dentist has been doing. I know they are fanatic about NOT drinking tap water as it was fluoridated in 2009, so maybe they didn't tell me everything. They know how holistic I am...she definitely has mild to medium fluorosis.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote