View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 03:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default A late response

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post

a few questions for anyone taking the requip xl
1. what generic are you taking and do you have a preference? i only ask because there are different generics.

just curious dilmar, what benefit do you notice from the selegilene? i used to take it years ago before my symptoms became a lot worse and the main benefit was an energy boost for 1-2 hrs, but eventually stopped. how long have you been taking it?

thanks again.
Hello soccertese
This answer may be redundant now it is so long after you posted your questions but here goes.
Re generics of requip XL I take whatever I get dispensed and it can change each 3 months. So far it has been ok with no noticeable differences in effect.
I have been wondering about the Selegiline myself. I only take 5mg/day and I think the effects are negligible, it hardly seems to extend on time but I take it at 8 am and it does give me morning energy and I feel alert, it's worth it for that I feel. I have been on it nearly 2 years.

I wonder if you adjusted your medication regime and if so have you got benefit from the adjustment.

Johnt I see my experience is very similar to yours. Regarding taking ropineroleXL in divided doses I am finding it works ok but you may be interested in one observation. At first I took the evening dose as I went to bed but I decided to take it earlier to see if it helped improve pm med control. What I noticed was that taking it between 4-6pm I no longer got oedema of the ankles and so I feel it is better for my cardiovascular system taking it at the earlier time.
"Thanks for this!" says:
johnt (09-15-2015)