Thread: Mestinon
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 04:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj View Post
Due to being sero-negative, I am currently without a dx. However as my symptoms are on the rise, it was determined that I would have a trial of low dose Mestinon to see its effect. I was started on 30 mg with b'fst and with lunch, then in 2 weeks I am to take it with b'fst and supper. Both the GP and the Pharmacist told me it could take up to a month to note effect. I have taken it for 3 days thus far with no effect on muscle issues. Does this sound reasonable? It sounds as though most people claim it works immediately. Thanks
Mestinon... 30mg.? In which form do you have it. There are 10mg tablets, but they are often not prescribed. (probably too expensive).

But you only have to read the info sheet that comes with the tablets, to see that the advice from your GP and Pharmacist is rubbish.

Mestinon, takes effect in 30-60mins. If it is working you will notice the results. It lasts for 3-6 hours depending on who you listen too and on what you are actually doing. It does seem that the more active you are the faster it runs out.

My personal experience it takes 45-60 minutes to kick in, and it lasts for 3-4 hours.
juliejayne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote