View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 05:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default CSF Leak & Arachnoiditis

Hi, I have posted on several forums but no luck so far--hoping someone can help me out here. Currently, I have no neurosurgeon--my doc appears to have retired and I cannot find a doctor to treat me or a facility on the "up" (not kissing the *** of their "peers" ) as I also have Arachnoiditis. I have had chronic CSF leaks, off and on for nearly two decades. This past winter I developed Arachnoiditis--about three weeks ago I began to leak out of the right side of my nose for the first time ever--it has always been the left side. The leak leaves me susceptible to Meningitis but my understanding of Arachnoiditis means no surgical intervention into epidural, dura, or subdural spaces. The leak is coming out from a defect in my skull, the fluid is leaking from around the brain; the Arachnoiditis developed from a blood patch following a bad lumbar puncture (needle inserted L3-L4). I am without a doctor at this point, but fear going through emergency as it can make my Arachnoiditis condition worse. Any input is greatly appreciated.
baldeagle9 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote