Thread: Foot symptoms
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 05:39 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Foot symptoms

When I was first in agony with this nightmare I had developed issues which bothered me, curling toes, walking on the sides of my feet (over supination) and a floppy foot-with a high steppage gait.

The WC doctor referred to the curling toes as "hammer toes" and told me I had them due to my bunion. I had the bunion for many years, but my toes only curled like this after the injury to my foot. My sister was horrified when she saw them.

Fortunately, I no longer have the severe curling toes. I bought a product called Correct Toes and crammed it on my feet whenever I could stand it. i could not wear them in my shoes, because the toe boxes were too small. I also tortured myself with yoga toes.

I no longer have the high steppage gait but I continue to walk more on the edges of my feet than I did before the injury and my left foot is still a bit floppy, although no new professional has recently commented about the latter as others did before. I assume it has improved.

Have you experienced any of these symptoms with CRPS?

Have you had professional help to deal with these symptoms and were they noted as part of CRPS?

If you had swelling what did the doctors do for you? I still have an intractable swollen lump on my right ankle. I was able to remove considerable fluid from my leg with washing soda, a Bowen Method Technique I found on the Internet. I read that mechanical pressure damages the lymph drainage so I would not use it.

Last edited by BioBased; 09-15-2015 at 09:36 AM.
BioBased is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (09-20-2015), mama mac (09-15-2015), RSD ME (09-17-2015)