View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 05:16 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth8a View Post
Hi Everyone,

It has been awhile since I've posted here--I had a severe concussion from a bike wreck back in March of this year while training for the upcoming cycling season with a brief LOC. Although most of my symptoms have resolved (nausea, headaches, vertigo, and much of the fogginess is gone), there still remains the following:

* A near constant light dizziness and disequilibrium.
* Light sensitivity, esp. to fluorescent lights, which causes dizziness
* When this disequilibrium occurs, I tend to then get brain fog.
* I seem to have a problem with one dimensional vision.
* When I walk, often it seems like the horizon is *tilted*

I did get an analysis of my vestibular system and everything checked out very well (they said that I could do some higher level balance stuff). I continue to cycle and run, as that makes me feel better. I have also continued to work, although it has been a real struggle for me because I work under fluorescent lights. The dizziness causes EXTREME anxiety for me.

I am going to see an OT again and also have my vision checked; it seems like my main issues must have to do with my vision.

Has anyone had success with prism glasses to assist with getting vision and balance back to normal? I think this is my last hurdle. Thanks to everyone for the great help on this forum. Aside from figuring the dizziness out, I have to say that this does get better!

Thank you.
I have the same issues with fluorescent lights causing dizziness. I was given special red tinted glasses that helped. I got them at Mayo and they said that many have respond well to them.

I find the glasses help delay the dizziness but not stop it. I have now been focusing on core training with balance focus. This is helping but I have had many concussions and have been told that fully recovery is not likely.
packersrule is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote