View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 05:17 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Does This Sound Auto Immune Or Spine?

April-Burning in right shoulder. Tingling in right arm fingers. Doctor ordered physical therapy. No xrays or MRI. During physical therapy slight burning sensations in neck and left shoulder/arm. Was discharged from physical therapy and told to keep doing exercises. Went back to gym with light weight.

May-Stiff neck, cramping in right leg, dizziness, blurry vision, clumsiness, balance problems. Images taken of Cervical spine-Xray/MRI-Normal. Referred to neurologist. The leg cramping was so bad sometimes it was hard to get out of bed. Standing on my toes hurt. The Neuro Suspected MS-MRI of brain normal. Was told I had "nerve irritation". Went back to orthopedic doctor who took images and he ordered physical therapy. Physical therapy had really no idea what was wrong and were baffled. They said my stiff neck was due to sitting behind a computer a poor posture. (not true..I have great posture). I was told I would just have to deal with this for the rest of my life (yeah..ok.) They had no explanation for my leg issues and balance.

June-Went to another neurologist. Ordered an EMG of my legs and MRI of my lumbar spine. Thinning disc at L5..not degeneration or arthritis. EMG normal. Was prescribed an anti depressant and I refused to take it.

July-Went to see a chiropractor/holistic doctor. Was told I needed a little more curve in my spine and I had arthritis. 'Don't worry.. it's minimal... once you get some curve back in your spine you won't have to worry." Chiro has helped with stiffness. Still experiencing issues with tension headaches, dizziness, balance, and sensations in legs/arms. Arms always feel heavy and legs feel numb or occasion. Went to my primary care doctor. Said I didn't have arthritis..it would be on the images and reports. Told me I was fine.

September-When working out I get a tension headache, stiff neck, and dizziness. Went to my orthopedic doctor to see if he can "confirm" I had arthritis. If I had arthritis.. I would avoid weights for a while. He said, "Well.. when I looked at your images.. you didn't have any. I looked at them before I came in and didn't see any. You might have some..but it's not a big deal. Your muscles are still tight. Just ice after working out and you'll be fine. I suggested a possible problem with a facet joint. "No..you're too young for that." Went to a rheumatologist a few days ago and she ordered a huge panel or blood. I asked her about arthritis. She said, "If you had anything significant it would be on the reports and images." I should get the blood results this week sometime.

I can't get any answers. Somedays I wake up and I feel tension in my right trap and right arm. Sometimes I feel it on the left side. I had tingling in my pointer, pink, and index fingers.. mainly right arm. Neck not as stiff. Stiffness in my right leg. Numbness/tingling in the morning in that leg and at night. Tingling in my left foot and occasion calf. Muscle twitching in my back. Arms easily tired when holding object. Tension headaches. . Occasional pulling of the right eye.. pain behind it sometimes.

I'm just lost as to what it could be. I'm afraid to workout because I feel like I'm doing more damage to something that hasn't been found. Does this sound more like a spine problem or does this sound something blood/autoimmune? I'm eating gluten/dairy free but I do eat out of the weekends. It's almost impossible to have a gluten free meal anywhere. Does this sound auto immune or spine related? Any advice is appreciated.
VHDude78 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (09-20-2015)