View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 09:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Trig Need help for Wes.........possible trigger.

Panic attacks, break-ups, suicidal ideaology......

This poor boy. He just broke up with a girl he has known and dated since he was 7 years old. He is suicidal and having such powerful panic attacks that he is passing out. And he wants to drink so bad, it's all he can think about.

He has Clonopin, but he can't work on them. He works with tools and knives. He's tried valum, but they make him manic. Zanax? Something else?

We have all of his personal knives, and he is being pretty good about being vocal about his suicidal thoughts, so I am pretty ok with dealing with this at home.

Would it do any good to call the pdoc? I don't see what the sweet man could even do right now. Up his meds again? I think Wes just needs time to get through the worst of the pain. He hasn't asked for his therapist, but I might suggest it to him.

I hate that he is getting so big that he is technically an adult. I could still commit him if I had to (small, perverse blessing that may be) but he is the one that needs to learn to call the shots when things get this bad. UGH!