View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 06:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default If anyone here is knowledgeable about

ANA tests and titre levels, how likely would you say that a test result at the highest titre, mine was 1:2560, is a false positive? In other words, that there is not an autoimmune disorder present?

I have been diagnosed through 2 skin biopsies with small fiber neuropathy. Historically, I might have a few weeks at a time, or even with lots of luck close to a couple of months, where the symptoms are barely present, and then WHAM! It can just come on with avengeance.

Mine has been diagnosed as "idiopathic". I have had, as far as I know, all the specific antibodies tested and none have come back positive. Have also had a salivary gland biopsy that did not test positive for sjogren's (I have dry eyes and mouth frequently in these flares).

I do have psoriasis for what that's worth.

Right now I am in an excruciating flare. And that's when mind starts to really wonder what in the world is causing all this.

I would just think that that high of an ANA (it's my understanding that most labs don't have any titres higher than this), almost has to mean there is something of significance going on of an autoimmune nature.

One final note: my ANA has been tested several times previously and was always consistently positive, usually a 1:640. But the last time it was checked it was this 1:2560.

Thanks so much for any input on this.

David
davidl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
madisongrrl (09-16-2015)