View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 11:49 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

It was suggested that I include a list of my symptoms...so here it goes...

Daily migraines (currently controlled with Topamax 300mg daily & Cymbalta 90mg daily)
Cognitive issues (includes comprehension, thought processes from sight and sound, memory problems, following written and spoken directions) I have a terrible time trying to focus on anything for any amount of time.
Speech will jumble and slur at times
Heightened sense of smell
Vision problems (early cataracts, just beginning last year at age 48...with new glasses I still have blurring and halos and can't read at times...problems with judging distance).
Hearing & Vision-If exposed to noise or lighting (fireworks, movie theaters, on coming headlights, fluorescent lighting) I end up in bed with my brain trembling within my skull, the electrical impulses travel from within my skull down my spine and zap along the nerves and my body and limbs jerk.
Nausea
Pain in every muscle in my body, my hands, wrists, feet and ankles seem to be particularly effected. I cut my hair to shoulder length so that I can brush it myself, I can no longer raise my arms high enough to be able to reach my hair if it is longer. I wear sports bras since I can no longer hook a bra in the back and a bra is one of the most uncomfortable piece of clothing.
My muscles often cramp and spasm.
My ribs hurt often and I find myself sighing more often when I breathe.
My fingers are beginning to become misshapen.
My balance is not good.
I no longer wear pants because the material causes my shins to burn (skin), the skin on my arms often burn.
I have burned myself twice in the last 3 weeks when I was cooking because my hand jerked while I was stirring boiling liquid.
I use a rain shower head and luke warm water when I shower or it is not a refreshing shower, but I am still exhausted after a shower.
Fatigue is horrible.
I think this just about does it.
Oh, I forgot to include mood and depression.
I have been diagnosed with general anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, panic disorder, severe major depression disorder, and PTSD.
Standing, sitting, or laying for more than 15-20 minutes makes the pain worse.
I also have tremors in my hands, especially when I am holding something. I have burned myself twice in the last few weeks when I was stirring a pot and boiling water was literally flipped out of the pot onto my abdomen. I have a scar from the first time. Draining a pot can be a very bad experience as well.

Last edited by bddouglas; 09-16-2015 at 09:15 PM. Reason: I forgot to include mood and depression are also problems as well.
bddouglas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (09-17-2015)