10 yr Member

en bloc,

Thanks for the response.

My most recent two ANA tests are as follows:

most recent: ANA Pattern #1, Homogeneous; ANA Pattern #2, Speckled
Anti-Nuclear Antibody Titer #1, 1:2560; Titer #2, 1:2560

2nd most recent: same patterns as above, Titers 1:640

Also, here are the diagnostic notes from my salivary gland lip biopsy:

"Minor Salivary Gland Tissue with slight Lymphocytic Infiltrate. Focus Score: 0"

"There a few small cluster of lymphocytes, all of which are less than 50 cells."

Finally, I have been seeing a rheumatologist at Duke. But I feel like she has kind of given up on me for lack of a better way to put it. She knows that I have major problems with my small fiber neuropathy but she doesn't seem to think there's enough to say that it's autoimmune based. Or else, she's just not taking it seriously. I was switched over to her after my original rheumy at Duke left to go to a private practice. The original rheumy had said that she was suspicious that there was an autoimmune component to my symptoms. I am seriously considering switching back to her.

Thanks again to you, or anyone else, for your input on this.

David

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
I would definitely say there is something autoimmune going on. Other than the titer, what was the pattern (speckled, homogenous/diffuse, centromere, nucleolar)??

As for your dry mouth/eyes during these flares. These can be present with neuropathy, but of course most common with Sjogren's. I'm curious about your lip biopsy...what was the exact result/report? Did they mention ANY acinar damage, inflammation, and/or ANY lymphocytes?? What score did it receive?

Do you have any arthritis/joint pain? Have you been assessed for joint fluid (associated with inflammatory arthritis), like psoriatic arthritis?

I assume you have seen a rheumy. What do they think is going on?
davidl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote