View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 02:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Sorry for your flare

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglogirl View Post
Thank you Ken in Texas. I will get the Edson salt lotion and continue with the Amitriptyline that was very helpful.
Have you used the alpha lypolic. acid and if so did it help.

I was doing fine have had PN for a year and a half and least I was managing it. I work and during the day didn't have much discomfort get busy and forget about.

It is at night had problems but handled wit Motrin, Ben Gay then it went rampant all nerves sensori and motor too unbearable.

Uglogirl
Ben Gay might be trouble to some in the same way some cannot use topical pepper extracts(Circumin?). Yes I use ALA and I cannot tell you if it helped. I can tell you it didn't hurt. I stopped taking the B1 because that is one nasty, stinking pill. I would get it a couple of inches from my nose and the smell told me I was fixin to swallow the whole pharmacy. I haven't tried the new Aspercreme with lidocain but for deeper than topical relief it sounds promising. Other people flare on nightshade veggies, carb overloads that turn to glucose in the blood. If you use the search function here for flares and read the things that go on. I apologise if you have used Ben Gay in the past with success but I know that some would think that would be taboo. Good Luck, Ken in Texas. P.S. Correction, the pepper extracts include Capsaicin not Circumin.

Last edited by zkrp01; 09-16-2015 at 02:43 PM.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote