View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 04:19 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi and Welcome,

I am glad you found us but so, so sorry you have to be here. It is terrible that you are going through so much and having symptoms spread.

Literature on blocks is variable. They are not curative. Some will find relief and some won't. I think it is really up to your own comfort level. You are not so far out in this process that it seems too late for something to help. Maybe calming the area will help the nervous system overall settle down. I would ask what they put in the injection. Steroid mixed in will carry the results longer than pure anesthetic. I have even read of a small amount of ketamine being given in the injection.

Have they mentioned a possibility of trying infusions of ketamine or lidocaine? Sometimes alpha blockers are used. There are current trials for neridronate going on and the locations have become pretty numerous. They could try oral steroids to knock down inflammation. There are a lot of options. I found better relief with tramadol than other pain meds. Keep trying new things, just be methodical so know what was what.

What has been said about your non-Union? Ongoing pain contributors need to be addressed if at all possible to give you the best chance of recovery.

Please take care of yourself and don't give up hope. Improvement may come very slowly and with tremendous dedication on your part, but it can and does come. Get in a pool to exercise since you can't weightbear and keep on top of any gentle range of motion you are able to do. It all helps in the end and will help you feel better overall. I spent nine months on crutches and the pool was my savior for swelling and other aches and pains for body mechanics gone whack.

come and let us know how you are doing and when/if you decide to pursue blocks so we can send good vibes.
Sending healing love,

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (09-16-2015), RSD ME (09-17-2015)