View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 05:18 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuroproblem View Post
Have you taken antihistamines for the hives, swelling sounds like angioderma, its related to allergic. Was the warm wrap just warm water on cloth or there something else on it?
I had similar issues with my skin, chest tightness and swelling which turned out to be drug reactions both times - to Sulfasalazine and Hydroxichloraquine respectively. I had about four months of awful facial hives, being told by doctors that it was Rosacea or part of my autoimmune stuff. I recall blaming all sorts of other things because I didn't want the drug to be causing this allergic reaction but the moment I stopped talking it things calmed right down - which was pretty conclusive. I do recall blaming things such as having electrolysis on my chin and my autoimmune issues first.

I've had several severe infections/ sepsis this year and have been hospitalised three times and put on IV antibiotics. Each episode led to a period with no or minimal burning pain in my peripheries. My feeling was that my body was so preoccupied with fighting infection and the acute pain that my brain shut out the rest until the infection was cleared from my body. This isn't particularly scientific but it is what I feel happened with me and may make sense of your present observations.

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
madisongrrl (09-16-2015)