View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 05:50 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thank you Enna70 for the quick support!

Littlepaw, I see your posts quite a bit and figured you would chime in at some point. Thank you as well for the quick support and information. Having spent a lot of time reading through the RSDHope website, I was already aware of the neridronate trials, but at this time, there are no trials going on in my area. I will keep looking though. They are bound to come to Detroit eventually. As for the Tramadol, it works better for me than the Norco for some odd reason, but it gives me unbearable headaches.
As for the non-union, the Ortho that I am seeing wants to try calming the CRPS imflamation down figuring that it will allow me to gradually increasing my weight bearing and might help the bones fuse better. The other option that he mentioned was the use of a bone stimulator which he is trying to track down for me as we speak. As far as keeping it moving, That is the issue my PM is having. Since the ankle is completely fused, There is no ROM that can be obtained in my ankle. That along with the fact that this 13+ year old injury caused a slight loss of motion in my toes back then, there isn't a whole lot of movement that I can do. I do have a short list of exercises given to me by my PT that I attempt, when the pain allows, but that usually causes a severe flare that lasts for a week to 10 days, which is getting me nowhere. My PT wants to help, but my insurance limits PT to 90 consecutive days so I am left with trying to do things at home. Trying to use a pool is tough. I wouldn't dare taking the chance of using a community pool and the only people I know that had one are my parents. They sold their house that had a pool 2 years ago to retire 3 hours outside of the city. I wish it was closer because they moved to a nice peaceful area with a sandy beach, but I have a hard enough time riding in the car when my husband takes me to the doctors office 30 minutes away let alone trying 3 hours.
The idea of ketamine has not been brought up yet but my Ortho has brought up the possibility of lidiocane. He was supposed to bring that up with my PM but I think we both forgot. Guess that's another thing I will ask about.
All the other information that you brought up are great information to ask my PM next time I go in.
PurpleFoot721 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Littlepaw (09-16-2015), mama mac (09-16-2015), RSD ME (09-17-2015)