View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 08:17 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alffe View Post
I understand that you believe in choices, and so do I. But some of your explanations for your choice comes across as judgmental and perhaps defensive? I'm glad we are talking about this and I hope I have not offended you. That was not my intent.
No you have not, nor was it my intent. If I ever am judgmental I hope it's against those who are judging or trying to control others. I grew up in a very religious home and everything good and natural in me was judged as sinful so I know how that can feel.

I'm not sure what exactly you are referring to in my posts but if it had to deal with what I posted about nothing in the Bible condemning suicide I posted that for anyone, who like me, was brought up thinking it was a sin and in the Bible.

Anyway I have strong feelings about this issue for sure. My goal is to support choice in the individual. It's not up to me what that choice should be. I hope this has clarified things a little as I try very hard not to offend if it can be helped. We are all struggling here.
icelander is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (09-17-2015), barbo (09-17-2015), Wren (09-17-2015)