Thread: Block Tomorrow?
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 10:21 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

NewYorkMets,
Sorry I have not replied earlier. Welcome. I understand you feeling anxious about the injections and wanting to know everything you can. I have had 3 SNB'S. I was asleep during each of them so I cannot speak to the pain level without anesthesia. Most people are not fully put to sleep and most are given light sedation. Usually there is an IV involved though. Most doctors use a fluoroscope which allows them to guide the needle and ensure proper placement. Many use other newer procedures as well to ensure proper placement. I would make sure at least the fluoroscope is being done. The procedure itself it very short 5-10 minutes. Following the first procedure I immediately felt no pain. I thought it must have worked, but the nurse cautioned me that feeling would return and it did. The doctor will not know if it has helped until up to 3-4 weeks after the procedure. Relief can build over that period of time. There is usually a series of blocks scheduled. The blocks did not work for me. The most relief I got was after the 3rd one and it was about 30%. They chose not to do any more. Many people experience more relief than I did. Many people only get temporary relief from the blocks. Some people get good relief. You will have to go into it with an open mind and take it moment by moment. It's different for everyone. Your age is on your side. Younger people often have better outcomes with CRPS. I do wish someone would have tried it earlier on, but you can't go back. The blocks are no longer seen as diagnostic, they will not tell if you have CRPS or not. I hope this has answered at least a few of your questions. Feel free to ask more and I will try to answer. I wish you luck and hope you receive good relief. Take care, mama mac

Last edited by mama mac; 09-16-2015 at 10:24 PM. Reason: typo
mama mac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (09-17-2015)