View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 10:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default possibly not

Daniella,
I am currently healing from a stress fracture in the same are where you are having all the pain. When the pain first started, my rhueumatologist xrayed the ankle and told me everything was normal. He then sent me on the way thinking it was a strain from shoes that dropped my heel lower than it was accustomed to being. And I had been doing more walking than usual. So he just said basically, "live with it and it'll probably get better." Then it started swelling and I could not put weight on it without being in terrible pain. So I got the crutches out and lived with it for about 2 weeks more. Then finally it was unbearable and I went back to the doctor. He ordered an MRI this time and it did show the stress fracture and it was a really bad one.

He told me that when stress fractures are first formed, they don't show on the imaging and it was only when it worsened that it showed.

Have you had repeat images done? It is possible that it was just forming when it first happened and it might show now.

Billye
Silverlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote