View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 04:39 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Question 43 years post TBI~lasting ramifications?

I have recently been put under the care of a neurologist at the request of my physician. We have exhausted every reason for me to be suffering from "near syncope", which is a fancy way of saying that I almost pass out or actually zone out at inopportune moments, such as driving.

I have had 2 major concussions:

1. I was dropped on my head at around 2 years old. According to my mom, I sounded like Donald Duck and was disoriented. I was taken to the chiropractor and nothing else was done.

2. I smacked the base of my skull into a breakfast bar at 18 years old. I wasn't taken into the ER or the doctor's office. I saw stars and felt pain in the front of my head in addition to the obvious pain in the back of my head.

I have many different problems that I never attributed to these traumas:

1. Light sensitivity
2. Sound sensitivity
3. Near syncope
4. Dyslexia when tired
5. Lack of coordination
6. Balance problems when tired
7. Orientation problems when I am tired (also presented when I was pregnant all the time)
8. Easily disoriented and nauseated on carnival rides or winding roads (if I am not driving).
9. Depth perception when it is dark

This covers the major issues.

I would love any feedback, comments, and support. This is a scary journey. I am banned from driving and have been told that I either have epilepsy or a brain tumor.
Kanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (09-17-2015)