8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Frederique,

You are welcome!
Fingers crossed

Bryanna
Hi Bryanna,

Once again I would like your advice on something.
Since my last post I had another 2 appointments with the surgeon who performed my wisdom teeth surgery & debridement. I'm experiencing pain in the extraction site on the right side of my mouth. I was sure that it was the second molar causing problems, but upon examining my dentist said the tooth is perfectly healthy.

The pain I'm feeling is located in the back, but it radiates towards the front of my mouth (lower front teeth). The surgeon, as well as my regular dentist, keep saying that I'm experiencing "nerve pain". They've given me antibiotics (just to be sure - because there's no sign of infection, no pus or anything like that) & painkillers (Zaldiar). The painkillers help, but I don't want it to become a habit. They're very strong & I feel a bit drowsy when I take them.
I also have a feeling that the pain tends to get worse when I'm experiencing a lot of stress at work (not enough sleep, long hours, ...).
Also, when I have to talk a lot, I feel pain. Chewing is also a problem. I don't have severe pain while chewing, but mostly afterwards. (No real sensitivity to hot/cold.) Why is that? Does it have to do with my jaw or the nerves?

Do you think all of this is normal? The surgeon says I can call him anytime, but he's hesitant to do another debridement, because he thinks he won't find anything new.
When can I expect this "nerve pain" to go away? Should I just be patient? Am I being too anxious?

Thanks a lot for your input, Bryanna!

Kind regards

Frederique
Frederique1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote