View Single Post
Old 09-18-2015, 03:13 PM
anon122822

anon122822

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
just curious, you don't have parkinsons's, you never posted here before, how did this thread come to your attention?
i'm only going to say peer reviewed is not the same as scientifically proven. you rarely see a drug study done by the company done by the company making the drug as was the case in all these studies. most of the articles aren't actual "trials" but opinion pieces.

i admittedly didn't study these papers, just glanced at them. i found this excerpt hard to believe, general concensus is anything over 250/mg per dose is not going to add anything yet this patient is getting over 10,000mg?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4113308/
"Changing the daily L-dopa dosing value by 120 mg can have dramatic clinical results. In general, this is independent of the size of the daily L-dopa dose. For example, a patient was taking 10,800 mg of L-dopa per day (equivalent to 90, 120 mg L-dopa pills) in the competitive inhibition state. The patient reported being frozen in the chair and unable to stand. After a pill stop the patient was placed on 89 pills per day (10,680 mg of L-dopa). After a daily decrease in the L-dopa dosing value of only 120 mg, the patient was able to rise without assistance and ambulate. These results are common, not rare."
I usually only post on the TBI/post-concussion forum, but i regularly check other forums when bored, so I happened to stumble upon this thread and thought I could offer a little insight into it.

What they found in regards to the drastic effect of only changing the amounts of L-dopa by 120 g is that both taking too high of levels of L-dopa and too low of levels of L-dopa shows the same clinical symptoms. By reaching the absolute correct levels needed by the system for function to be restored is when symptomatic alleviation occurs.

They are able to get to such high levels of L-dopa because they are able to eliminate all side effects that are normally associated with the intake of L-dopa. Normally you reach a dosing barrier level when taking L-dopa by itself or with Carbidopa which then leads you to not being able to increase the levels. The issue with this is lets say you are only able to get 3000 mg of L-dopa before the side effects become intolerable. You are still left with many symptoms of parkinsons disease but you are unable to get the the levels of L-dopa needed because of the inability to raise the levels of L-dopa due to side effects. They have found you can manage and eliminate all the side effects associated with the intake of L-dopa by correctly balancing the levels of intake of L-dopa, 5-htp, L-Tyrosine, and L-Cysteine. The side effects of L-dopa intake is an imbalance in dopamine and serotonin in the competitive inhibition state. By giving correct levels of 5-htp you are able to get to the dosage needed by the system for symptomatic alleviation.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
badboy99 (09-19-2015), moondaughter (09-18-2015), Niggs (09-18-2015), TheFallen (03-10-2019), villiers (09-19-2015)