View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 12:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Wow I assume you are not as old as I am and don't have any experience as to what it used to be like. I remember.

You would not have liked it and perhaps not survived it as many many women didn't.

Barefoot and pregnant was not as it is seen today merely a phrase to use it was reality.

Children had no rights, their mothers had no rights and women in general were owned by the men in thier lives be it husband father or even brother.

By the time the second world war was over women had earned the rights to hold down paying job and care for their children. Yet they still had to give their jobs to the men returning. Not all of these men returned to their wives and children in the condition they left. I am not talking about physical wounds but the myriad of emotional and mental problems that took the toll on marriages.

If you blame the womens movement for that then you are in for a surprise when the men from this conflict return. Some of their experiences are not condusive to a happy marriage let alone a happy life for themselves and the problems may not show for years but they will.

I like reading what you have read but hon I have lived it and no amount of reading has proven to me that the next generation is any better than the last and this is because of the useless lying wars not the fault of women having human rights.

Okay now back to MIchael J Fox. His fight is the fight for you and all suffering from Neurological diseases and others as well and not just for himself.

He is not a walkling stem cell advertisement. He is a human being who cares far beyond what is deserved by some and does his work for all in less than perfect health.

He came home here just a couple of weeks ago to hold his annual golf tournement for kids wanting to try and get into the acting business and the theatre named after him here. He looked tired and worn out but true to form put a form of a smile on his face and braved the public to raise monies that will never see a stem cell.

So then lets go back to the original post and the great work he does for us all. Sheryl and he deserve our attention.
Thelma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote