View Single Post
Old 09-18-2015, 07:27 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thank you mama mac for that link.
Thank you RSD ME as well

Elavil is a brand name of amitriptyline. From what I have read, it seems to be used most commonly as an antidepressant but also works well for nerve related pain.

When I met with my PM Tuesday, he increased both the Elavil and gabapentin to the levels I am at now. So far, my pain levels have decreased since then but that has happened the last time I had an increase in my prescriptions for gabapentin and amitriptyline before my pain levels jumped back up again. Maybe that means that we're getting somewhere but I don't know. All I can say is that I am not enthused about the idea of any procedure being done whether it be LSB or SCS or anything else, so I hope that meds can help get me to at least a bearable level for a reasonable amount of time

From what I have heard so far, including scanning through older posts, it doesn't sound like the blocks give enough relief for long enough to make them worth while. I am still hopeful that someone might chime in and say otherwise. I realize that everyone is different, and if there is some sort of success story from it, I'm willing to at least try.
PurpleFoot721 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (09-18-2015), mama mac (09-19-2015)