View Single Post
Old 09-18-2015, 08:00 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Spike,

The late Dr.Bihari pioneered the use of low dose naltrexone for autoimmune diseases. Naltrexone is a well studied drug at very high dosages, but has not been significantly studied at low dosages, so few doctors know about it and few prescribe it. I could not find a doctor to prescribe it for me, so I followed the advice of others who had successfully ordered it online. I also followed Dr.Bihari's dosing recommendations.

Basically LDN tricks the brain into thinking it does not have endorphins, which causes a cascade of endorphin making, "LDN is rapidly metabolized and excreted from the body, within a few hours at most. Its beneficial effect in autoimmune disease is as result of it tricking the body into producing large amounts of OGF - which act as an immune suppressant/modulator. However, if the dose of LDN being used is too high, this making it naltrexone treatment rather than low dose naltrexone, it could definitely exacerbate the symptoms of autoimmune diseases. This is because the continuous presence of naltrexone will block production of OGF on a continuous basis. OGF is needed to keep the immune system in order." Quote LDN science

For certain diseases LDN halts the progression, for others it reverses and can put them into remission. I could barely walk with crutches, nor could I walk up and downstairs until I took LDN. Once I took it my mood improved. I suddenly felt energized and connected to life and I could move. Considerable stiffness abated.

If you want more info look up Dudley's low dose Naltrexone site. Also Dr.Gluck. And Skip's pharmacy.

Some people have no response to LDN, but there may be factors causing this: see above quote.
The LDN must be made from fast release naltrexone, if it is not there will be no endorphin response. The LDN cannot be compounded from old or stale product, it won't work. Certain fillers can inhibit the fast release, it won't work. A compounding pharmacy may make a product which has low or no potency. Dr.Bihari and others recommend that you make your own using a 50mg pill of naltrexone and 50mgs of distilled water.

Last edited by BioBased; 09-19-2015 at 11:28 AM. Reason: To add quote
BioBased is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Arsenicyellow (09-19-2015), Enna70 (09-19-2015)