Thread: Newbie to MP
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2015, 11:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

To the two newbies with MP,
Ifreedom and Featheredbrats.

Lidoderm patches may provide some relief. Also, see mrsD's post above. Good advice.

My personal opinion,..... since it is ONE nerve, the LFCN, I do not agree with treating the entire body through oral drugs like pain killers, or other drugs used for neuropathies.

Treating the specific nerve gets much better results and does not present the side-effects that an overall oral medication might. Again, just my opinion.

There are several options that are localized and specific to the LFCN, such as the cream of which mrsD spoke, Lidoderm patches Rx, changes in lifestyle if appropriate, loose clothing, identify the triggers and avoid them when possible, and injections into the LFCN are some to consider.

One poster in another thread found that their sleep position was contributing to their MP pain and worked on changing their sleep position. If walking or standing brings on more pain, then try to avoid prolonged walking or standing when possible. If wearing a belt aggravates your MP, try suspenders.

Wishing both of you a spontaneous and speedy relief from your MP pain from one that knows all too well what you are experiencing.

The good news is many have a spontaneous relief from their MP. Others suffer for years.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote