View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 07:36 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I stay in Mumbai,India. Thorne supplements are available here. They are imported from US.There are Indian brands also.

My brother has some questions ON VITAMINS.

The good thing about Thorne is it does not have Folic acid. It has Methyl folate. I have heard folic acid is dangerous if taken for long time in large amounts.

Can somebody tell the safe level of folic acid per day for men ?
In India,all Vitamin B supplements have 1.5 mg or atleast 1 mg of folic acid per pill in them. The RDA is just in micrograms Is this safe ? My brother fears taking B complex because of this.

Also,Is cyanacobalamin (form of vit B12) safe or is METHYLCOBALAMIN safe ? There are many B complex vitamins with cyanacobalamin that are dirt cheap here but dont know if they are safe ? I READ IT HAS CYANIDE MOLECULE WHICH IS POISON.

I dont know if Bryanna can answer these but these are questions my brother has in his mind about vitamins.

One more thing.
I did not get why you have asked to take Vit C and Vit D. Do they help in nerve repair or regeneration. From what I have learnt,it is just vitamin B that is useful.

Vit D is for bones and calcium absorption and Vit C is an antioxidant from what I know.

-Amit.
amitsa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote