View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 11:09 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Amit,

First let me explain that when someone is very healthy with NO genetic, auto immune or chronic problems, they live a happy, peaceful, stress free and active lifestyle and their diet is impeccably clean and nutritious, their need for daily vitamin and mineral supplementation will be minimum. Anyone outside of those categories, would most likely benefit from supplementation and the individual needs will vary. It is unfortunate that most of the population probably falls into the category of needing help. So when something goes awry such as a dental problem that involves infection, inflammation and nerve pain, the need for help increases.

As you are aware, everything that goes on in the mouth has a systemic affect on the entire body. Therefore, it's important to nurture the whole body and not just that one tiny area of his mouth. As you can see by the "nerve" diagram that I provided, the nerves are all intricately connected and that connection does not stop at the face, head, or neck. It travels throughout the body.

I personally use and recommend Thorne and Perque brands as the quality is consistently remarkable compared to most other brands. I also use and recommend Biotics Research Bio D Mulsion Forte as I have found it to be the most readily absorbed form of supplemental vitamin D.

B vitamins are water soluble meaning the body utilizes what it needs and then excretes what is left over. Therefore it is beneficial to supplement with it 2-3 times a day. Providing that the quality of the supplement is pure and without toxic chemical fillers, etc, (as with Thorne products) a vitamin B complex is very safe to take in high dosages for long periods of time for both men and women. When you take B vitamins in a complex form, they work synergistically to compliment the digestion and absorption of each other which actually reduces the likelihood of any unpleasant side effects. When just taken singularly, there is no synergistic affect and that is when absorption is poor and unpleasant temporary side effects can occur. So it always makes sense to take B vitamins in a complex form. You can always add more of a singular B to the complex if needed.

Vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin as well and the body excretes vitamin C rapidly. Therefore it is beneficial to supplement with it a few times a day. It is essential to every living organism in the body to have plenty of vitamin C circulating throughout the body on a continual basis. Vit C acts as a catalyst which means it increases the rate of a chemical reaction such as absorption of other vitamins and minerals without changing it's own chemical structure. So when you take vitamin C, you not only get the benefit of the absorption of other nutrients, you get the full anti oxidant benefit of the C itself.

Vitamin D is extremely influential and beneficial to nearly every single cell of the body, not just the bones. Vitamin D3 is cholecalciferol which is the natural form of D that we obtain from sunlight. This form of D is virtually non toxic as compared to the synthetic form of D2 which is toxic. However, the blood levels of vitamin D should be tested with a specific blood test called 25 (OH) D every 3 months during high dosage supplementation until the optimal blood levels are achieved. Then the daily dosage can be lowered and monitored once a year. The most easily and readily absorbed supplement form of Vit D3 is via an emulsified liquid as it gets into the blood stream quicker than pill form and can be taken once a day with a fatty meal or on a spoon in olive oil for best absorption.

When you take supplements that compliment each other, as B, C and D do, you get the full benefit of each supplement. When you have trauma or injury that involves the nervous system, you need to not only rescue the area that has been affected but you need to nurture the rest of the body so it can help repair and rejuvenate the injured area to be well again. Focusing on the symptom rather than the deeply connected causes and contributing factors of it, only serves as a topical and temporary solution. This is why using medications or surgery alone without proper nutrition and nurturing of the systemic connections will not be able to cure the problem.

Amit, I am curious... how is the health of the rest of his teeth? Does he see a dentist regularly or just when something hurts? Does he have root canaled teeth or periodontal disease?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitsa View Post
I stay in Mumbai,India. Thorne supplements are available here. They are imported from US.There are Indian brands also.

My brother has some questions ON VITAMINS.

The good thing about Thorne is it does not have Folic acid. It has Methyl folate. I have heard folic acid is dangerous if taken for long time in large amounts.

Can somebody tell the safe level of folic acid per day for men ?
In India,all Vitamin B supplements have 1.5 mg or atleast 1 mg of folic acid per pill in them. The RDA is just in micrograms Is this safe ? My brother fears taking B complex because of this.

Also,Is cyanacobalamin (form of vit B12) safe or is METHYLCOBALAMIN safe ? There are many B complex vitamins with cyanacobalamin that are dirt cheap here but dont know if they are safe ? I READ IT HAS CYANIDE MOLECULE WHICH IS POISON.

I dont know if Bryanna can answer these but these are questions my brother has in his mind about vitamins.

One more thing.
I did not get why you have asked to take Vit C and Vit D. Do they help in nerve repair or regeneration. From what I have learnt,it is just vitamin B that is useful.

Vit D is for bones and calcium absorption and Vit C is an antioxidant from what I know.

-Amit.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***

Last edited by Bryanna; 09-20-2015 at 09:26 AM.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote