View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 12:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Maybe today.... maybe tomorrow

To all my NT friends,

Each day I wake thinking today will be the day I will get to do more than just exist. Today will be the day that I can function for at least a few minutes to take care of the daily activities of life.

Then, night time arrives and I look back upon the day and can't think of anything that I accomplished other than existing. Then, I think, maybe tomorrow.

While I have several conditions, all it takes is a moment on NT to realize how many conditions I do NOT have and how good my existence really is each day. Just a moment on NT and things get put into perspective.

While I still have times when I get so frustrated that I am not the person I used to be, I am so very glad to wake each day even if it gets wasted. I just worry that I am too old to be wasting so many of the days I may have remaining.

NT is not only a place to receive support, ideas, compassion, a place to vent and share, but it is also a place I see just how fortunate I am.

To everyone that has conditions not within my personal experience, I wish so much for you in your particular situation(s).

I never realized how much I have to be thankful for about my remaining health. The list is very long of conditions that I do NOT have and so very glad for that.

NT quickly reminds me not to dwell on the issues I have, but on all the conditions I am so very thankful that I do NOT have in my life. I will count my blessings and hope I wake each day to see if it will be the day that I DO accomplish something other than existing. Who knows, I might even get a load of laundry done before yet another week wisks by me. (I am running low on clean towels.) Thank goodness I have enough undies to last for months before I need to tackle the laundry. I guess that is why I have about 5 or 6 dozen.

I have a little plaque that says:

Thank you GOD for granting me this new day, especially since I messed up yesterday so badly.

I just substitute the word "wasted" for messed up.

The purpose of this post was to say how grateful I am to my NT friends and to wish each of you better days.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (09-19-2015), DejaVu (09-20-2015), EnglishDave (09-19-2015), Lara (09-19-2015), Littlepaw (09-19-2015), madisongrrl (09-19-2015), mrsD (09-19-2015), St George 2013 (09-20-2015), wishIdaKnownsooner (09-19-2015)