View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 05:12 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Vowel Lady,

I've talked about the correlation between infected teeth and nerve irritation many times on this forum. Infected teeth do not have to be root canaled, although that is often the case. They can have deep decay as a source of the infection as was the case in the brother of Amit.

Tooth decay takes time, months or even years, to become deep. Therefore someone can have (unknowingly) for a long time. In that time frame, bacteria would begin to migrate in the area around that tooth maybe even as far as into the alveolar nerves. Therefore, when the tooth is extracted there is already infection and inflammation occurring. Any extraction of an infected tooth, root canaled or not, is more complicated than extracting a tooth that was not infected. An example of a tooth needing to be extracted other than root canaled or infected .... a fractured tooth, a recently broken or injured tooth, or teeth removed for orthodontics.

Perhaps you could share the reasoning as to why you needed to have teeth root canaled since your oral hygiene was very good and you had routine dental care every 6 months? What happened to the teeth that ended up root canaled?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vowel Lady View Post
It is very, super, incredibly interesting Amitsa that your brother has no root canalled teeth. My tooth wasn't root canalled, but I had others that were. I don't think it had anything to do with root canaled teeth. And I had very good oral hygeine as well and went for my cleanings religiously every six months.

Again, I have found medication and time to be very helpful with this nerve pain. Vitamins and good, clean eating has helped somewhat as well.

Blessings.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote