View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 06:36 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Amit,

Thank you for sharing that information regarding your brother. It sounds like he has some difficulties that he's been experiencing and it's really kind of you to try so hard to help him

Regarding his health, I would be remiss if I didn't mention to you that obesity is a health problem. People who are obese are often malnourished due the excessive high calorie, high sugar, and low nutrient rich foods in their diet. One does not need to be thin to be malnourished as it is the quality of the food that predisposes someone to malnutrition, not the quantity.

In the medical profession known as Functional Medicine, obese people generally have what they refer to as "diabesity". This is a term that references obesity to common health complications such as diabetes, elevated blood sugar and blood pressure and elevated bad LDL cholesterol. These things are normally found in obese people because their diets are poor, their activity level is lacking, their self esteem is low and their organs are working way too hard.

It is interesting how many people tend to try an overlook their own or someone elses obesity problem. I personally think we do that because we have become accustomed to seeing so many obese people that it just seems normal. But the fact is, obesity is a huge health concern.

I don't know if you are aware of this or not, so I will share it with you. Your brothers mental health problems are commonly found in people with diets lacking in nutrition. Some mental health issues are genetic, but a family member is most likely to only experience those issues to any disabling degree when they are nutrient deficient. The medications that are given can only mask the symptoms of the mental illness as they do not in any way alter the deficiencies that are present. This is one reason why the meds only work for a period time before they are increased or changed or new ones are added to the regimen.

You are asking me if a particular dosage of a vitamin is adequate or perhaps too much for him. In all honestly, due to his obesity there is no supplement or amount of supplements that are going to be of much help to him for the long term even just pertaining to the nerve pain. The reason being is that he is most likely severely deficient in many vitamins, minerals, enzymes, etc. Truly the best thing he can do is get help to lose the weight, eat healthier meals and exercise. Initially this will be hard, but once he sees a positive change and that will occur quickly, he will feel SO much better.

Regarding the Becosules supplements, they are an over the counter drug made by a pharmaceutical company. The ingredients used to make their products are sourced from chemicals, not food or any other naturally occurring substance.

I sincerely suggest that he seek help from a Nutritionist and/or an Ayurvedic Physician. I hope that you can maybe help him with that

People don't realize how inflamed their bodies, organs and central nervous system is when they are obese. I wish I could offer you more, but he needs to address his obesity and vitamin/mineral deficiencies as they are all contributing factors to his non healing nerve pain. Otherwise he is going to be prescribed an arsenal of medications that at best will only give him some temporary relief.

I hope I have not offended you, him or anyone else. My intentions are sincerely to offer you helpful recommendations and guidance.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitsa View Post
My brother's oral health is absolutely fine - no root canaled teeth or periodontal disease.

He is obese.

He has mild depression and severe anxiety . He used to take Clonazepam (benzo) for that. He took it for 6 months. But that was 4-5 years back.He stopped it because he felt hew might get addicted . He had horrible time coming off it - withdrawal symptoms.

He takes Escitalopram SSRI 10 mg for depression. He tried duloxetine for pain but that did not work.So he reverted back to his favourite- escitalopram.

He took Nuhenz as advised by a neuro here (twice a day) by La Renon for 2.5 months - www.larenon.com

NUHENZ
mecobalamin 1500 mcg,
Alpha lipoic acid 200 mg,
Benfotiamine 200 mg,
Folic acid 1.5 mg,
Chromium polynicotinate 200 mg,
Myo-inositol 100 mg,
Pyridoxine hydrochloride 3 mg.

He also tried Becosules (Vitamin B complex) by Pfizer once a day for 1.5 month - http://www.pfizerindia.com
He was taking Mecobalamin (vit B12) separately 1500 mcg twice daily during this time. He takes this even now.

Becosules :
Calcium pantothenate 50 mg,
Vitamin B12 15 mcg,
Folic acid 1.5 mg,
Thiamine mononitrate 10 mg,
Riboflavin 10 mg,
Pyridoxine hydrochloride 3 mg,
Niacinamide 100 mg,
Vitamin C as Ascorbic acid 150 mg,
Biotin 100 mcg,

Becosules is a very famous brand in India by Pfizer (it is actually American).
Is the folic acid content of 1.5 mg OK for long term use ?

He is not sure how long to take vit B complex ,vit C.

He just takes a Becosules pill sometimes nowadays and a Vit B12 pill. But he is not taking any Vit C supplement.

Regards,
Amit.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote