View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 12:38 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I will give more history on my father to help clear up any confusion. However in his initial diagnosis I was only 13 years old and my father was fairly secretive of his condition in the beginning.

My dad was an avid bicyclist. He rhode daily. Which I believe helped enable him to stay off Parkinson's drugs for the first 5 years. He was also paranoid of prescription drugs in fear of dangerous side affects. Which is why he tried to avoid taking c/l for so long. It took him dozens of falls until he finally gave in and resorted to medication. I'm unsure of his initial doesages, however his current dose is stalevo 150 4 times daily and Azilect 1mg 3 times daily. He has tried other drugs, sinemet, rytary etc but none have any effect on him. He is scared of dbs and prefers a more natural treatment, hence the amino acid protocol.

Immobile might have been the wrong word choice. Usually when hes on his "on" time he can move around but cannot walk without assistance. His off time is an immobile state. I have to carry him to the bathroom, dress him etc. however it is 100% unpredictable and sometimes the dose has no effect at all, sometimes it works better and he can walk on his own.

It is true, these past 2 years he has had a rapid decline in his condition. He is depressed, but I think I am more depressed than him. he was extremely active, hiking, biking, running, swimming, to being wheelchair bound this past year has been tough on me to watch as his caregiver and his son.

I will update as my dad goes through the treatment. Thanks for everyone's insight and help.
CTjeff is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote