View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 09:43 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I am determined to live the best life I can within my current limitations (mostlly fatigue, vision and balance issues and sensory overload) I have more ear protectors and earplugs than I do earrings and I read with my ears now via podcasts and audiobooks.

I conquered my anxiety by refusing to just lie there and let it get the best of me. When I was anxious I dusted, decluttered (alot of my old clothes furniture and books are currently residing in other peoples homes) Also spent as much time outside as I could manage - frequent very short walks til I was strong enough to get back to yoga and the pool and from there I have been working towards increasing my physical fitness ever since.

I find mindfulness meditation very restorative and also just being with my pets, found a good therapist too and she has taught me to see how changes in my dog's behavior are an early warning sign of anxiety sneaking up on me.

I feel as if in the last 3 years I have adapted my home enviornment and my lifestyle pretty well and moving forward I am going to work on my social life.
Started by tackling air travel so I can get home to see my family more and after that who knows what the future will bring.
Estreetfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark in Idaho (09-20-2015)