View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 03:26 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Frederique,

Yes, jaw or muscle pain can mimic toothache pain. I am curious to see the xrays of that area. I hope you can get them.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederique1 View Post
Hi Bryanna,

Yes, the pain did calm down after the debridement in January. It flared back up in March, that's when they put me on another round of antibiotics and painkillers. That's also when they insured me that it had nothing to do with my second molar.
The pain eventually subsided again, but came back in September. The oral surgeon finds this very weird because he can't see any swelling or signs of an infection. I also don't have a bad taste in my mouth or anything like that.

The pain is usually much better in the morning, when I wake up. It gets worse during the day (talking, eating, ...).
Another (weird) thing I've noticed is that whenever I touch the back of my mouth (inside, with my tongue or finger - extraction area & second molar), I can feel it in my front bottom teeth. Not all of them, but a few on the right side. Like it radiates to the front of my mouth.

I don't have a problem with cold or hot drinks/foods.
However, I do feel pain in my jaw/the back of my mouth after a meal that included a lot of chewing. Also, something very cold (like ice cream) can also cause an intense pain. It goes away after a few minutes. I have a sortlike pain when I have to walk outside & there's an icy wind blowing.
Is it normal for muscle pain or jaw pain to actually feel like toothache?

Thanks for your help, Bryanna.
I'll try to get a hold of my x-rays.

Frederique

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote