View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 03:40 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Sam,

I am so happy to read such sage advice and support from everyone. Many good points have been raised. Sorry, I am bit behind on posting having had treatments in and out of town this week.

DejaVu raises an interesting question about the weird smells and the question about an EEG is very important. I saw that you went to neurology but if they didn't do an EEG it is certainly worth exploring. They cannot always see what's going on in the brain from their physical exam. Making sure you aren't misfiring somewhere seems like a no brainer, pun intended. hee, sorry, please forgive me. Gotta add some levity sometimes.

Also I noticed that you mentioned making it through your first two classes okay then the feelings starting after that. You also mentioned being dehydrated sometimes and being a skinny kid. Feelings of disassociation, anxiety and low mood are indicators of low blood sugar in some individuals. I myself am one of those people who has to snack pretty much all the time so that I don't become a public threat through aggravated mood or mild confusion. I have no blood sugar disorder of any kind, just wired to burn fuel quickly.

This is so basic but...it might help a little. You are growing, your brain is growing, learning utilizes a huge amount of glucose and then the brain goes into starvation mode and crashes. Do you take a mid-morning snack to school? A handful of almonds or trail mix or even just a protein drink that would address hydration too. I don't mean to reduce your symptoms to low blood sugar, just problem solving here and as a Mom I always feel compelled to make sure young'uns are properly fed and watered.

Keep at it Sam. Clearly we don't all think you're crazy and I refuse to believe that we are under some joint delusion.

sending hugs and prayers,

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (09-20-2015), barbo (09-21-2015), DejaVu (09-20-2015), EnglishDave (09-20-2015), ger715 (09-22-2015), SamG11 (09-20-2015), Wren (09-20-2015)